Featured Product Videos
The Cloudlifter CL-4 Mic Activator from Cloud Microphones is a single rack-space, four-input solution for common audio problems in the field and in the studio involving low-output passive microphones, including ribbons.
The CL-4 uses any standard phantom-powered mixer or microphone input device to provide up to +25 dB of clean, transparent gain.
This improves signal-to-noise ratio and improves the performance of passive microphone signals by driving stronger, cleaner signals over longer XLR cable runs, making them ideal for broadcast, live, and studio applications.
The CL-4 is housed in a rugged steel enclosure which offers shielding and durability.
- Gives passive mics up to +25 dB additional active output and keeps the direct audio path free-and- clear of transformers, capacitors, and resistors. The CL-4 houses discrete JFET circuitry that delivers clean gain while preserving the natural sonic characteristics of the source
- Useful for a Variety of Applications
- Use with noisy or low-gain preamps
- Use with mixers/preamps that negatively impact the sound at higher gain setting
- Use with low-output dynamic microphones and ribbons
- Mic softer sound sources such as acoustic instruments and voice
- Use for long cable runs
- Features at a Glance
- Gives passive mics up to +25 dB additional active output
- Provides 2 distinct stages of clean gain
- Easy to use self-contained design requires only phantom power
- Recommended for use with all passive dynamic microphones
- Compatible with tube, battery, or power supply driven microphones
- Safe for all passive ribbons with no transfer of phantom
- Utilizes Patent Pending Class A, Discrete JFET circuitry
- Ideal impedance loading for optimal performance @ 3 kOhms
- Rugged, road ready, and portable, for studio, stage, and broadcasting