Featured Product Videos
Open Box Unit
Contact us for pictures!
The TR-06 is a detailed replica of the classic Roland TR-606—with some major modern upgrades. Our new Roland Boutique version has the distinctive tone and iconic look of the original, with more sound-shaping options, innovative sequencing capabilities, and an array of triggers for driving modular gear.
The distinctive look and iconic tone of the TR-606 in the compact and portable Roland Boutique format.
- Detailed recreation of the vintage Roland TR-606 using Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) modeling
- Authentic sound and iconic look of the original
- Expanded sound-shaping options with tuning, decay, pan, gain, and more
- Onboard compressor, delay, and overdrive effects
- Advanced sequencer with sub-steps, probability, and step-loop
- Five trigger outputs and one trigger input for easy integration with modular and other gear
- Color-matched DK-01 case with three tilt options
- Sturdy and portable with solid construction and a metal top
- Runs on four AA batteries or USB bus power
The other little silver box.
Released in 1981 as a companion to the TB-303 Bass Line, the TR-606 was a programmable drum machine whose size, price, and ease of use made at-home music production more accessible to everyone. The punchy midrange kicks, popping toms, and sizzling hi-hats were a hit with DIY musicians, appearing across genres from '80s new wave and punk to all types of electronic styles.
Many modular and tabletop rigs are missing a good drum sequencer that's convenient and easy to use. The TR-06 has five trigger outs and a trigger in, so it's easy to interface with other gear, sparking new ideas and creative possibilities. Sequencing is fast and fluid, and you can mix and layer your external modules with the TR-06's internal sounds for massive rhythmic sequences.
Hardware meets software.
Pair the TR-06 with the TR-606 Software Rhythm Composer available on Roland Cloud and enjoy the benefits of easy hardware and software integration. The TR-606 plug-in has expanded sequencing capabilities, and the TR-06's knobs are pre-mapped for intuitive, hands-on workflow.
- User Memory
Patterns: 128 (16 patterns x 8 banks)
- Sequencer Functions
INTRO / FILL IN
BD: BASS DRUM*
SD: SNARE DRUM*
LT: LOW TOM*
HT: HI TOM*
OH: OPEN HI HAT
CH: CLOSED HI HAT
* Variation sounds included
Delay Effects: DELAY, PAN DELAY, TAPE-ECHO, REVERB, FLANGER, SIDE BAND FILTER
Drive Effects: SATURATOR, BIT CRUSHER, DISTORTION, LPF/HPF
PATTERN CLEAR button
MENU/SUB STEP button
STEP LOOP button
STEP buttons (1-16)
PATTERN GROUP button and indicators
TAP/STEP RESET button
SCALE selector switch
INSTRUMENT selector knob
MODE selector knob
Instrument Level knobs (AC, BD, SD, LT/HT, CY, OH/CH)
Effect knobs (DRIVE, TIME, DEPTH)
7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
TRIGGER IN jack: mono miniature phone type
TRIGGER OUT jack x 5 (AC, BD, SD, LT, HT): mono miniature phone type
PHONES jack: stereo miniature phone type
OUTPUT jack: stereo miniature phone type
MIX IN jack: stereo miniature phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB port: Micro-B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Power Supply
Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
USB bus power
- Current Draw
500 mA (USB bus power)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 5 hours
* This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Dimensions (including Boutique Dock)
308 (W) x 130 (D) x 52 (H) mm
12-1/8 (W) x 5-1/8 (D) x 2-1/16 (H) inches
- Weight (including batteries and Boutique Dock)
2 lbs 11 oz
Boutique Dock: DK-01 (Silver)
DK-01 Owner's Manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
This product has been unboxed and opened. It is in near-mint condition and show virtually no signs of use. It comes with all the original accessories and packing. This is a final sale but includes the manufacturer’s full warranty.