Featured Product Videos
Open Box Unit
Building upon the success of the TR-8, the Roland AIRA TR-8S Rhythm Performer combines the legendary sound, form, and function of the vintage TR-808, 606, 909, 707, and 727 rhythm machines with cutting-edge performance and live pattern manipulation capabilities to create a modern-day classic, well-suited for stage or studio. Build your dream kit with the onboard drum sounds, or peruse and layer Roland's vast stereo sample collection to create original tones never heard before. What's more, the SD card slot allows you to import your own samples. Roland developed the Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, which faithfully recreates the tonality and behavior of true-analog circuits. With ACB, every detail of these original machines is captured, including the variations in tone that occur when multiple instruments are entered in accented steps.
The TR-8S features 128 user kits made up of 11 instruments, each assigned a tone. What's more, each tone has several variations and each tone is freely assignable to any of the 11 instrument slots. Each channel offers controls for tune, decay, and an assignable customized control knob, which places all the sound-shaping power within easy reach. You can program on the 16 TR-REC buttons or use the velocity-sensitive performance pad to play live, or record into the sequencer. You can move seamlessly between playing and editing, allowing you to reshape your drum parts without ever interrupting your flow. Each of the 128 patterns can store eight variations and three kinds of fills. Patterns and variations can be played or chained in any order, plus the auto-fill function automatically plays a fill every 2, 4, 8, 16, or 32 measures.
- Transistor Rhythms
- The TR-8S has every sound from the most sought-after TR drum machines, with detailed circuit-models of the 808, 606, 909, 707, 727 and even several modified versions
- Each machine is a detailed, down-to-the-circuit model that sounds and behaves exactly like the original hardware
- ACB Meets Samples
- Pull from the extensive collection of preset stereo samples or import your own using the SD card slot
- Like the TR sounds, you can deeply manipulate samples with immediate hands-on control
- Adjust decay, tuning, and alter sample start points, speed, and direction
- Create a kit entirely from samples or mix and match with TR sounds for genre-defying drum tracks that demand attention
- Drumatic Effects
- Make a drum part stand out by creating depth and space
- Add delay on a rim-shot, overdrive on a kick, filters on toms and cymbals, or just the right amount of reverb on select instruments
- In addition to the Master FX knob, each channel has a customizable CTRL knob, placing all this sound-shaping power within easy reach
- Assign any parameter needed for direct and immediate access to the CTRL knob or Master FX knob
- Both Instrument and Master Effects, along with their precise settings, are saved with each kit, making your productions always performance-ready
- Transistor Rhythms
- At Home in the Studio, Made for the Stage
- Eight Analog Outputs
- The TR-8S has eight separate analog outputs,
- Process individual drum sounds through external effects or send them into separate channels of your mixer or DAW
- The TR-8S sounds big, punchy, and spacious thanks to its high-resolution 24-bit/96 kHz digital-to-analog converters
- Trigger Out, External In
- The TR-8S has a dedicated trigger output as well as stereo audio inputs for external sources.
- Assignable outputs can be used as additional triggers, allowing you to control external instruments and mix them with the TR-8S’s internal sounds
- Each pattern has a dedicated trigger track for access to all kinds of variations with no need to use up an instrument
- Audio and MIDI Interface
- The TR-8S is a complete multi-channel audio and MIDI interface.
- Connect the TR-8S to a computer or AIRA Link host and transfer MIDI and high-resolution audio over a single USB cable
- Record each drum instrument to a different channel for individual processing and recording
- Automate parameter movements from your DAW by CC messages
- Sync the TR-8S to your computer or Roland MX-1 Mix Performer for live sets or late-night jam sessions
- Refined Design with a Modern Touch
- RGB color faders and TR-REC buttons let you customize the brightness, glow, and color of each element
- The TR-8S offers crucial visual feedback about what’s playing, what’s muted, which instruments are grouped, and more
- Total Recall
- Every kit, pattern, and setting can be backed up on an SD card
- Eight Analog Outputs
This product has been unboxed and opened. It is in near-mint condition and show virtually no signs of use. It comes with all the original accessories and packing. This is a final sale but includes the manufacturer’s full warranty.