Featured Product Videos
Paired with your existing XLR-equipped preamp, the Tascam TM-200SG short shotgun microphone offers pro-type features and design for indie filmmakers, vloggers, and videographers on a limited budget. The included mic holder has a shoe mount and a 1/4" thread, allowing the versatility of placing the mic atop your camera or tripod stand. The compact and lightweight housing of the TM-200SG makes it an unobtrusive companion for your shooting rig.
The supercardioid condenser element of the microphone enables it to deliver focused sound pickup with far less background noise than the omnidirectional microphones usually built into cameras. Its 30 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response incorporates a gentle presence boost at around 7 kHz to enhance intelligibility. Plus, the inclusion of a switchable low-cut filter lets you easily control problematic bass buildup such as traffic rumble. The TM-200SG utilizes a balanced XLR 3-pin output connector and runs on standard 48 VDC phantom power.
Lightweight and Compact Form Factor
- The TM-200SG was designed to be heard, not seen. The balance of audio replication and small form factor mean this microphone will be the least of your worries while shooting in the field.
- Supercardioid Directivity for Clean and Focused Audio
- Thanks to the sensitive condenser capsule and supercardioid polar pattern, the TM-200SG microphone delivers a capture zone that's focused on what is in front of the mic while leaving unwanted sounds behind, making postproduction much easier.
- Switchable Low-Cut Filter
- Wind and environmental hum can reduce the quality of the audio and create headaches in postproduction. By utilizing the mic's natural-sounding low-cut filter, you're saving time downstream without cutting into vital frequencies you have captured.
- Includes Accessories
- Use the supplied foam windscreen to reduce noise from breezes and other sources of wind such as fans. The mic also comes with soft case and a mic holder equipped with a shoe mount and 1/4" thread.