Featured Product Videos
The ATH-SR6BTBK Wireless Over-Ear Headphones let you enjoy amazing, high-fidelity audio whether you choose to listen over a traditional wired connected or via Bluetooth® wireless technology. The headphones are compatible with Qualcomm aptX, AAC and SBC codecs, and connect easily with smartphones, tablets, music players, and other devices. Adding devices in the headphones' memory is made even easier with NFC (Near Field Communication) functionality, which enables touch pairing and connection with any compatible device.
The ATH-SR6BTBK features powerful 45 mm drivers that are capable of reproducing Hi-Res Audio (5–40,000 Hz frequency response) when used with the included 1.2 m (3.9') cable. The cable is equipped with mic and controls so it can also be used to operate devices in areas where Bluetooth wireless technology is prohibited or when headphone battery power is low. For wireless use, the headphones have a mic and volume/control switch built into the left earcup, making it easy to answer calls, adjust volume and handle music and video playback (play, pause, fast-forward, reverse, next/previous track).
The ATH-SR6BTBK's comfortable over-ear design provides excellent sound isolation for the best listening experience in both wireless and wired modes. When travelling, the earcups fold in on the headband for a space-saving fit in the included carrying pouch.
The headphones' internal lithium polymer battery provides approximately 30 hours of continuous use (1,000 hours in standby mode) and can be recharged using the included 1.0 m (3.3') USB charging cable.
About High-Resolution Audio
In Brief: The Move to Hi-Res Audio
While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc's storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
- Bluetooth wireless technology with mic and volume/control switch built into left earcup for convenient control of smartphones and other Bluetooth wireless devices
- NFC (Near Field Communication) functionality enables touch pairing with NFC-compatible Bluetooth wireless technology devices
- Compatible with Qualcomm aptX, AAC and SBC codecs
- Large 45 mm drivers for outstanding sound quality
- LED indicator in left earcup displays status of pairing, Bluetooth wireless connection, battery level and charging
- Foldable design for easy transport
- Soft, memory foam earpads and easily adjustable headband slider provide a comfortable fit with excellent sound isolation
- Internal battery provides 30 hours of continuous use (1,000 hours on standby) on a full charge
- 1.2 m (3.9') cable with mic/controls provides a wired connection for when wireless operation is prohibited (e.g., in airplanes or hospitals), when battery power is low, or when Hi-Res Audio is desired.
- Includes 1.0 m (3.3') USB charging cable and carrying pouch