Featured Product Videos
Black Lion Audio Bluey 500 Compressor FET Limiting Amplifier.
Fans of Chris Lorde-Alge (CLA) will be thrilled with the Black Lion Audio Bluey 500 Compressor, a 500-Series FET limiting amplifier based off of CLA's highly modified Blue-Stripe 1176. When components became unavailable, techs were forced to change out the circuit, creating a one-of-a-kind compressor that has been heard on countless hits. Chris Lord-Alge discovered the unit had a special mojo to it that shines on vocal tracks and other audio applications. The team at Black Lion Audio in conjunction with Chris recreated the monster that is now known as the Bluey 500.
The Bluey 500 compressor features a fully discrete design, through hole components, 1% resistors, polyester capacitors, and a wet/dry mix feature as well as the I/O buffer from CLA's SSL insert path for authentic console feel. Equipped with a vintage-inspired PCB layout, the compressor has a Cinemag remake of the original UTC transformer, a true bypass switch, and precise meter calibration. A front RCA connector is available for the stereo linking of two units.
- A recreation of Chris Lorde-Alge’s most prized 1176—used on every lead vocal he mixes
- True Bluey sound and workflow in a two-slot 500-series footprint
- 2 Cinemag transformers; a recreation of the original UTC input transformer, and a recreation of the original Reichenbach output transformer of original UTC transformers
- Wet/Dry mix knob allows for parallel compression not available on the original
- Input and Output buffering taken directly from Chris Lorde-Alge’s SSL console inserts
- Hand assembled and tested in the USA