Featured Product Videos
What’s the first thing you think of when you hear the word “synthesizer”? Close your eyes and think about it. Ok, enough you’re drifting, probably thinking about pineapples.
Anyway, for a lot of people, the word synthesizer envokes visions of big filter cutoff knobs, envelope generators, and importantly, big fat-sounding voltage-controlled oscillators. These are the hallmarks of East Coast style synthesis.
East Beast is a fresh take on these old-school concepts with a few beastly twists thrown in here and there.
Oh and by the way, we almost forgot to mention, if you are into the whole eurorack thing, you can pop East Beast out of its included enclosure and it transforms right into a 40HP eurorack module. We should’ve called it Optimus Beast!
- East coast style subtractive monophonic synthesizer
- Controllable via MIDI, CV, and integrated button keyboard
- Fully patchable - use East Beast’s components as separate modules with external devices or reroute its internal patching. It’s like having 9 individual modules (Oscillator, filter, envelope, VCA, LFO, multi-mod tool, sequencer, MIDI to CV converter, and button keyboard).
- 32 step sequencer with up to 13 presets
- Generative sequencing mode
- Clock-synced arpeggiator
- Step sequencer can be manipulated & transposed via MIDI and the integrated button keyboard
- Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer developed 100% analog oscillator
- Oscillator waveforms - sine, triangle, saw, square, and pitched noise - Waveforms can be combined
- Oscillator includes pulse-width modulation (PWM) and frequency modulation (FM)
- Variable state, multi-mode PGH “No-Dead-Spots” filter (lowpass, bandpass, highpass, modes can be combined)
- Analog envelope generator
- Integrated VCA
- Dual-range analog LFO with triangle wave output
- Digital multi-mod tool - modulation control via CV, random generator, and extra LFO and envelope generator
- Internal clock with tap tempo and can be clocked via an external source.
- Built-in clock divider
- Can be used standalone in its included case or removed and used as a eurorack format module
- Specifications for when used as a eurorack module
- Width when used as a module = 40hp
- Depth when used as a module = 25mm
- 213mA power draw when running +12V rail
- 151mA power draw when running -12V
- Input voltage range of oscillator = 0-10V
- Included in the box - 1x East Beast, 1x East Beast wall-wart power supply, 5x Amazing Nazca Noodles Patch Cables, 1x 3.5mm to 5 pin MIDI Din pigtails, and love (love’s presence likely, but not guaranteed).