Featured Product Videos
Created by Erica Synths & Richie Hawtin, Bullfrog is an educational electronic music instrument designed to captivate and inspire both youth and professionals alike. Bullfrog invites you to unlock musicality while combining the thrill of electronic music production with a comprehensive learning experience.
Bullfrog is a classical subtractive synthesiser - it consists of several "modules" for sound generation - VCO, NOISE GENERATOR - and treatment - VCF, VCA/DELAY, as well as "modules" that generate control and modulation signals to control them - ENVELOPE GENERATORS and SAMPLE & HOLD. The Bullfrog will not make the sound on its own unless it is patched - using eurorack patch cables to interconnect the "modules" or by inserting voice cards that create internal connections between the "modules" in a specific way and add extra functionality, like sampler/looper, sequencer, groovebox, etc. This approach better helps to understand functionality of a subtractive synthesizer and the principles of sound design with instruments like these.
In order to provide a well rounded understanding of the functionality of this synthesizer and sound synthesis in general, a comprehensive user manual is created to accompany the learning process.
- Fully analogue design
- Highly accurate voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) that tracks great over 8 octaves
- Manually adjustable and voltage controlled waveshapes – sine-shark fin and pulse wave with pulse width modulation (PWM)
- Zener diode-based noise generator
- Resonant lowpass voltage controlled filter (VCF)
- Voltage controlled amplifier (VCA) with adjustable offset Delay effect with adjustable delay time and feedback amount
- Two looping attack-sustain-release envelope generators (EG)
- Sample & Hold circuit with an individual clock
- Manual gate button
- Voicecard slot
- Built in speaker
- DIN5 MIDI input
- USB connector