The 6X-500 from Lindell Audio is a single channel microphone preamp mated with a two channel Pultec style EQ, and housed in a 500 series enclosure. It features an all discrete design based upon the 990 amplifier. The preamp delivers up to 65 dB of gain and has switchable 48V phantom power and a polarity switch.
The EQ features low- and high-frequency boost with up to 15 dB of boost in the high end. The 6X-500 fits in all 500 series compatible power supplies (required and sold separately).
- Transformer coupled balanced input and output
- Up to 65 db of gain
- Passive Pultec Equalizer using inductor plus 990 gain make-up amplifier
- Switched three step low frequency boost
- Switched three step high frequency boost
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Polarity reverse switch
- Selectable high boost bandwidth on PCB
- Pin compatible with 990 and 2520 type op-amps
- 5-LED VU meter