Featured Product Videos
Providing 575 W/channel into 4 ohms and 900 W/channel into 2 ohms with a lightweight PowerLight power supply, the PLX1802 is ideal for the most demanding live sound applications.
The PLX2 series is a range of premium quality, high-power amplifiers designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built on the third generation of QSC PowerLight® technology, PLX2 amplifiers combine light weight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC reliability. With power ratings up to 3,600 watts, PLX2 amplifiers are capable of providing plenty of clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
The compact PLX1104 brings the same performance and technology as the rest of the PLX2 Series, plus even greater value, to applications that don't require bridged or 2 ohm operation. Designed to power one or two speakers from each amplifier channel (4 ohm minimum loading), this model offer a simplified feature set while retaining genuine, uncompromised PLX performance and technology. Weighing just 13 pounds (5.9 kg), the "plug-and-play" PLX1104 is perfect for ultra-portable rigs, as well as reference-quality playback.
The compact "04" models (PLX1104, PLX1804) bring the same performance and technology, plus even greater value, to applications that don't require bridged or 2 ohm operation. Designed to power one or two speakers from each amplifier channel (4 ohm minimum loading), these models offer a simplified feature set while retaining genuine, uncompromised PLX performance and technology. Weighing just 13 pounds (5.9 kg) these "plug-and-play" amplifiers are perfect for ultra-portable rigs, as well as reference-quality playback.
Professional, Rugged Cast-Aluminum Style
PLX2 series amplifiers have the refined, rugged good looks usually associated with high performance racing cars, competition bikes, professional power tools, and high power machinery. A solid, cast-aluminum front panel adds professional style to any rack while also acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for years of on-the-road reliability.
Additional mechanical touches such as the side stiffening rails, rear rack ears and cable tie anchor points attest to QSC's years of experience and attention to detail. QSC has even designed the integrated front handles so the amplifier slides into a rack without scraping the installers fingers on the rack sides. The exterior appearance of PLX2 amplifiers conveys what's inside - simply and truly, 13 to 21 pounds of the most advanced professional power amp on the planet.
Highly Efficient, Light-Weight PowerLight Technology
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lbs. / 9 kg) with a highly efficient and lighter-weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 100 or 120 energy pulses per second, the PowerLight supply delivers 190,000 to 230,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. The power supply doesn't "sag" so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
Cleaner High-Frequency And More Consistent Sound
PLX2 audio power circuitry achieves performance normally associated with studio reference amplifiers. In order to reduce crossover distortion, precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as amplifier temperature changes. The benefit is cleaner high-frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven. The higher power models use QSC-exclusive class H output circuitry, a form of audio "turbocharging" that increases maximum power without affecting the basic audio quality.
- Very light weight ("02" models, 21 lb / 9.5 kg, "04" models 13 lb / 5.9 kg).
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged.
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting. 02 models also feature bridge and parallel mode LED indicators.
- Two Speakon® NL4 output connectors provide positive-locking speaker connections. Upper connector provides both channel outputs on all four poles (Channel 1: 1+, 1-; channel 2: 2+, 2-) for bridged mono or for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers.
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment.
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation.
- 02 Models
- Speakon® NL4 and binding post outputs.
- 100 Hz high pass and low pass filters for bi-amping subwoofer and satellite systems without the need for an external crossover.
- Switchable/defeatable 33 Hz infrasonic filters protect woofers from overexcursion damage.
- Switchable/defeatable clip limiters.
- Four models with power ratings up to 1800 watts per channel @ 2 ohms, 3600 watts bridged @ 4 ohms