Featured Product Videos
Terra Desktop Touch Synthesizer.
Continuing a legacy of touchable synthesizers started by Lyra-8 and Enner, SOMA's Terra is perhaps their most organic design yet, both functionally and aesthetically. In a paradoxical twist, Terra is a fully digital synthesizer, despite being housed within a solid slab of wood. But through the use of a variety of touch and motion sensors, an all-new interactive world of sound is waiting to be discovered within Terra.
Terra's "keyboard" consists of 12 note sensors, alongside four other sensors for pitch shifting and transposition. Though various combinations of note and pitch shifters, the entire range of a grand piano is available in a way that is not unlike how a wind or brass player can achieve different notes through key and valve fingerings. A handful of knobs are available, but it's really through touching and interacting with the motion sensors that Terra's nature becomes apparent.
32 synthesis algorithms make up Terra's sound palette, but the emphasis has been placed on performing and interacting with sounds rather than programming. 96 presets allow you to save and recall various states and sounds of Terra, and timbres are further enhanced through the onboard stereo effects processor. Blurring the lines between synthetic and organic once again, SOMA's Terra is the perfect instrument for the explorative sound performer.
- Digital touch synthesizer
- Touch sensor inteface
- Note range of 120 semitones through various combinations
- 32 synthesis algorithms, including FM, additive, subtractive, physical modeling, and more
- 32-bit float DSP architecture
- Pitch shifting and hold sensors
- Internal gyroscope
- Timbre knobs and triangular LED sensor
- 96 presets
- Internal FX engine with echo and reverb
- Solid wood housing
- Stereo audio output
- MIDI I/O
- Firmware updates over USB
- Dimensions: 16" x 15" x 2.5" (approximate)
- Power: 12VDC (PSU included)