Featured Product Videos
Zoom M2 MicTrak Stereo Microphone and Recorder
With an all-in-one design and up to 96 kHz / 32-bit floating point stereo recording, the M2 MicTrak from Zoom delivers an ideal portable recording solution, combining two cardioid microphones in X/Y position with a quality, microSD compatible field recorder in one body. Thanks to the convenient built-in, backlit LCD display, mono speaker, and headphone output, you can monitor your recordings in real time, making it easier than ever to record excellent audio on-the-go without sacrificing complete control.
Weighing in at a single pound and sporting high max SPL levels, the M2 is easy to carry to any event or recording environment, and it can also be used as a USB audio interface to record directly to an external computer or digital recording device. The M2 is easy to power, with the ability to run off of two AA batteries, USB-C bus power, or a Zoom AD-17 AC adapter (sold separately).
The Best of Both Worlds
The M2 MicTrak is designed to fuse the professional guts and features of the F-Series recorders with the convenience and portable form factor of the Handy Series. This middle road allows the M2 to provide excellent functionality at an attractive price, while remaining easy to carry to any recording scenario.
- 32-bit floating point recording provides excellent headroom and helps to avoid clipping issues
- High max SPL of 135 dB SPL delivers further protection against clipping for loud sound sources, such as performances, crowds, or instruments
- 11 hours of battery life for improved operating time and multiple power options, including AA battery, USB bus power, or AC adapter (sold separately)
- Dual AD converter circuits, derived from the F-Series, make manual input gain adjustment unnecessary
- Support for broadcast- and film-quality BWF wav format as well as iXML for inclusion of location metadata on files or IP audio streams
The M2 MicTrak is ideal for a wide range of portable sound recording applications from journalism and interviews, to podcasts, streaming, audio for video, and simply field recording or musique concrète. The M2 is small enough to fit in your coat pocket, but powerful enough to handle some of the loudest sounds, and easy to direct towards your sound source with its microphone-style form factor.